2007-04-18 (23 weeks)
Hi everyone--this is Vicki, Erika's mom. I get to do the update today!
On Monday Brian and Erika went to a routine appointment with Erika's perinatologist, Dr. Barsoom. He found that Erika's cervix had thinned or shortened considerably so he advised her to have a cerclage (stitch in the cervix). He admitted Erika to the hospital and perfomed the cerclage that evening. She has had some contractions, so she is hooked up to a monitor that the doctors and nurses are watching very closely.
I am writing this on Wednesday morning, and at this time Erika and babies are still in the hospital. They may get to go home today. I will keep you posted. If Erika gets to go home, she will be on bed rest at least until her appointment with Dr. Barsoom Friday morning.
I am happy to report that the babies are doing just fine. One weighs 1lb. 6oz., and the other weighs 1lb. 7oz. They are very active, and just love to play hide and seek with the nurses trying to find them to put their heartbeat monitors on!:)
When Erika asked me to update her blog, I got to thinking. I have her login, I have her password, I have all the rights to this website--maybe I'll just go on here and name the babies!!!:) It was a VERY fun thought, but I guess I am just going to have to wait it out like everyone else!
Vicki
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment