
Whew! The swimming lesson could not have gone better. Seriously, great. I always get all worked up and worried that my kiddos will act a certain way (I was worried about a screaming fear fit) and all for naught! They were perfect angels, and dare I say it-LOVED swimming. Ok if you can call it swimming at this point probably not:) Klaire was nervous at first and did cling to me with the strength of a bull, but she relaxed about half way through and completed all the tasks of the first class! They were to kick while laying on their tummies, backs, and blow bubbles in the water. Good enough for me. She loved the free time at the end when she got to play with a ball. Her favorite toy these days-she has quite the (left) arm! On to Miss Grace. Oh my. She's a fish. She got right in there kicking, splashing, and getting rowdy with daddy. She even wanted to dunk her head. We have a daredevil on our hands:) She was very concerned about the other babies in the class as there were a few tiny ones. She thought they were getting "owies." We had to tell her they were fine, and were swimming just like her! They both gave the instructor a high five and smile at the end. Success!
Moral of this little story is: I need to not doubt my kids so much. They are good! They can go out of their norm and be fine. Silly to say about a little swimming class, but I'm SO proud of them.

2 comments:
Way to go Klaire & Grace!! We will have to plan a day @ the pool for all of you to show of your swim moves!
Oh yay, bathing suit season, I just love it. ugh, We really will do anything for our babes, including putting on a bathing suit!
I knew they would both do great!!! I am so proud of you both, Klaire and Gracie. Can't wait to see you tonight!!!:)
Love, Grandma C.
Post a Comment