The girls have their tubes! They did just fine, mommy did just ok. :) The medicine they give them when you first get there to "relax" them had little to no effect (should have known with my kiddos) Grace was as wild as ever, and Klaire just got a bit silly, but it sure didn't help them from screaming mama mama! when the nurses came to take them away. My goodness that image will never leave my head. Klaire went first then about 20 minutes later Grace. That was the worst part-waiting for them with both of them gone and no one to focus my attention to. A short time later they brough Klaire back in, awake but groggy, she drank juice right away then went back to sleep. Same with Grace. Then we (my mom came with to help-Brian can't get out of work on Mondays) got them dressed and on our way home by 11! They ate lunch and now they are napping again. Doc said there was a lot of fluid in the right ear of both of them but now should be much better. So now we heal. I am glad we did it-it really wasn't as bad as I thought-I just hope they tolerate them well, but so far so good, the surgery was a snap!
I wish I would have brought my camera-sounds weird I know and you don't think about that when getting ready for something like this, but man they looked CUTE in their little hospital jammies. Although, it's not something I ever want to see again...
Monday, June 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a relief for you and Brian to have that done and over with! I hope the girlies are recovering comfortably and that it prevents those darn ear infections!
We were thinking of you gals all day! No parent should have to see their kids in a hospital but so glad everything went well! We look forward to seeing our "tubed" nieces!!!
Post a Comment