Monday, January 3, 2011

SAHM?

You all know what that magical acronym stands for. It's a highly coveted and for some reason controversial topic.  I never wanted to be one, really! Even when my girls were babies, I needed that time to go to work. Was I sad when they were sick alot or when I missed a first something or cute moment, absolutely!!!  But I have always enjoyed working and never thought I could do that stay at home mom thing.

Until now.

Maybe it's a little bit of end of vacation depression sneaking in, and the fact that I go back to work tomorrow after being off for an insane amount of time (something like 13 days!!) but I can honestly say that I'd love to be able to stay home now.  That may sound snotty to some of you, sure now that her kids are 3, that's easy, and that may be true.  I have SO enjoyed my time with my girls these last few days.  I've hogged them all mostly to myself, not sharing hardly at all with anyone.  We've played and danced and sung, colored, snuggled on the couch for hours watching Shrek (probably shouldn't admit that) and made probably 20 pb&j sandwiches. Have there been time outs and tantrums? YES! But over all we have thoroughly enjoyed our time together.   I do feel like I've cleaned for about 5 hours a day...there's always something to clean when you're home all day I've found, it's never done, and trust me it needed it.  With every room in the house clean and (mostly) organized, and my time at home up, I will say I'm a bit more jealous of the "SAHM."  I'll never be one and that's ok with me too, I'm going to always try to take this time off around Christmas, it was perfect.

I took the girls out to lunch today for one last hurrah.  They ate everything, rocked out to the music playing and were charming little ladies.  They even got an ice cream sundae at the end. 


6 comments:

Unknown said...

After staying home full time and now doing the part-time thing ... and having Barrett getting older and more fun:), I too long for the days of full weeks at home (which will be back soon enough). Isn't it funny, the grass always looks greener, no matter what side you're on. Your girls always look like so much fun!! I am sure they love their time apart and together:).

Anne said...

Erika, I could have written this post myself! I absolutely dreaded going back to work today after being home since the 23rd of December. I had sooo much fun being at home with Ayla (and Dean too). It was some much needed family time. I'm lucky enough to get a few breaks like this a year and I'm usually ready to go back to work by the end, but this time was different for some reason. I'm already looking forward to maternity leave in a couple short months!

Natalie said...

I'm hoping to start working again part-time, but I'll be doing it from home which is going to be hard.

Visiting from Multiples and More! Nice to meet you!

Kim said...

it's definitley hard but totally worth it! and believe me, you can never have the house totally clean, there is always a mess being made somewhere, but that's ok! homes are for our kids to grow and play and learn, not sit still and not touch anything. (it took me years to be comfortable with that!)
i can't imagine you would regret it if you made the decision to stay home. you might miss the extra income though ;)

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog and love the photography! Anyway...I was a SAHM when my twins were babies and I found it difficult and isolating at times. No one in my neighborhood was a SAHM so it was a struggle to connect with other moms like me. Fortunately, I began writing freelance, and in those days got myself a baby-sitter, grabbed my laptop and got out of the house on a regular basis. Then I formed my own playgroup. Both these things were very helpful. It's very tricky for many moms to "have it all," but if you can find something to stimulate your mind, it's a huge help.

Blogger said...

Come and see how THOUSAND of people like YOU are working for a LIVING from home and are living their dreams TODAY.
SUBSCRIBE NOW

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...