Words to live by I'm learning. I tend to complain that my hubby doesn't do enough around the house, that he's late for dinner because of work and frequently misses it by hours, that I'm a "single mom." Or even more frivolous and embarrassing, that he always hogs the TV in the evenings and I (gasp) have to dvr my shows and watch them later.
Well folks, I'm eating my words.
Things are not good (I'll leave it at that) at Brian's job and because of some absolute nonsense his duties and hours got all switched around. He'll be working a 12 noon-? shift, meaning who the heck knows when we'll see him, and he for sure won't be home before the girls go to bed. This sucks. I try not to complain about such things because Thank God for now he has a job, I realize that plenty of people work crazy hours and many people are unemployed right now. I know all this, but damn it anyway sometimes a break would be nice.
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Erika - That is a bummer. Total bummer. You guys are a great family and I know it's hard when things aren't going like you want them to...or for sanity, need them to. But it's okay to whine and complain... it's refreshing when women will actually admit frustrations instead of taking the weight of the world on your shoulders:). Chin up, girl. It has to turn around eventually, right?
Thanks Ashli, yes they have to turn around...and it will...just rough on the upswing:)
I'm SOOOOO sorry erika.... I wish I were there to help you in the evenings.. or at least keep you company.
This sucks!
I wish you guys could get a break. :(
Ohh, Erika, I'm so sorry to hear about this. :( How frustrating. I wouldn't be happy about it either.
I know it's not the same as being together with your own family, but if you ever need to burn a couple hours, bring the girls over!
Look at it this way...if you wanna make PBJ or chicken nuggets for dinner every night so be it!! No hubby to try & impress! Just 2 little girls with an appetite for life!! If anything Erika, you are a scrappy one! We all took notice of that during your bed rest, birth, & thereafter! You will make it! I have EVERY bit of confidence in you!! & Brian, he will work his butt off & it will make time together that much sweeter!!
Post a Comment