Sunday, May 12, 2013

6 months





Our best guy is 6 months old!  We had his "well baby" check up and shots on the 6th.  He did just fine with the shots.  I should back up...after his last ear infection (#3) he decided that he wasn't going to sleep at night anymore!  We had an entire week of him being up every 2 hours, and not necessarily happy or hungry. It was a mystery, I debated whether it was teeth, ears (although on meds!), the swaddle, hot, cold, you name it I obsessed over it.  So we show up for his appt and Dr U noted that the doc we saw for the last ear infection mentioned tubes.  We agreed that we would play it by ear (hee hee) and see how he did since smmmer is in the works. Then he looked in his ears.  The infection was not clearing up despite being almost done with meds, and there was a "lot of fluid." Sigh.  So he put him on a stronger med and we need to see an ENT in the next 2 weeks.  The thought of my BABY having SURGERY albeit minor freaks me out.   I don't really want him having a constant ear infection/fluid/on antibotics all the time though.  So there we are with that.

The rest of the appt was fine, he's a happy boy, meeting milestones and eating well.  He's slowed down with weight a bit at 17.7 pounds (55%) and 25.6 inches (26%).  Henry likes his veggies and so far has eaten all the normal ones and even chowed down on a smashed up avocado! We do a bit of fruit and oatmeal on the weekends for breakfast, but he isn't overly excited about it.  We are still nursing and I'm so proud to have met our half a year goal! We have our moments where I'm pumping at work and hating it, or he's fussy and I think, it would be so much easier to do a bottle, but nothing that would make us stop any time soon.  He's not rolling over yet and Dr. U teased me that because I'm still swaddling him:)  ...Oh my I'm going to miss Dr U...see, he's retiring.  And he's earned it after 40 some years in practice, but his non sugar coated reassurance was always just what I needed.  Simply said he's going to be impossible to replace, but I feel so lucky we got to have him as a doctor as long as we did.

We're going to do some SUPER cute 6 months pics as soon as it's nice and warm and H-baby is sitting up a bit better.  He's really good at it in the boppy but needs to perfect it more for picture purposes:)

He rolled over all by himself on May 10th!



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...