
My mom. She’s just the greatest. I know a lot of people think that, but nope. Mine is. My mom knows what I’m thinking-usually before I do. She will drop anything she’s doing to help-and not never even tell you she was busy when you called and interrupted what she was doing. She’s selfless, and kind. She’s funny too, or maybe we just have the same sense of humor…:)
When I was pregnant, my mom took me to every appt that Brian couldn’t. Now, I was perfectly fine to drive myself-but she just didn’t want me to have to be alone…then she’d buy me a smoothie, just like when I had braces and we got ice cream afterwards!! My mom and I have always had a close relationship. We’ve been through a lot together…not always great stuff, but she’s always been there forme. No matter what.
Now that I am a mom, I understand more about what unconditional love is and how you can love someone so much it hurts at times. How you can put their needs before your own, and not think a thing of it. How a simple smile on your babies face can brightened the gloomiest day.
Mothers Day is a time to tell your mom you love her. I don’t just love my mom. I simply couldn’t function without her. Her love, her support, and understanding have been my rock through so many trying times. And, so many great times. We rejoiced every week we counted down on bedrest. And when the girls were born…we cheered and cried tears of joy. Thank you mom, for just being you.
Happy Mother Day….and First Grandmothers Day!
When I was pregnant, my mom took me to every appt that Brian couldn’t. Now, I was perfectly fine to drive myself-but she just didn’t want me to have to be alone…then she’d buy me a smoothie, just like when I had braces and we got ice cream afterwards!! My mom and I have always had a close relationship. We’ve been through a lot together…not always great stuff, but she’s always been there forme. No matter what.
Now that I am a mom, I understand more about what unconditional love is and how you can love someone so much it hurts at times. How you can put their needs before your own, and not think a thing of it. How a simple smile on your babies face can brightened the gloomiest day.
Mothers Day is a time to tell your mom you love her. I don’t just love my mom. I simply couldn’t function without her. Her love, her support, and understanding have been my rock through so many trying times. And, so many great times. We rejoiced every week we counted down on bedrest. And when the girls were born…we cheered and cried tears of joy. Thank you mom, for just being you.
Happy Mother Day….and First Grandmothers Day!

1 comments:
Thank you so much, Erika. That was just beautiful.
I love you,
Mom
Post a Comment