Sunday, December 13, 2009

ups and downs...

I'm not quite sure what night we are on, 7? because I'm totally exhausted. Things are not going so well on the sleeping front. Wow, is all I can say. Klaire decided she is not going to nap and if left to her own devises ends up passing out while crying at the foot of the gate:( Grace has been doing ok on napping and nighttime routine at first...but it takes some major convincing. Things used to be so easy!!! They are both up repeatedly at night, crying and just UP. I try to let them get back to sleep themselves (which Grace has been doing well), but once Klaire gets woken up by Grace and out of bed she hasn't figured out that it's in her best interest to get back IN bed. Ugh. So that last few nights I've been up, and rocking in their room and patting backs, and dealing with CRABBY kids during the day because they aren't sleeping at night. They are overtired and plain naughty. I finally had to get some things done today so they are having a great time at Grandmas right now, I'm sure being complete angels.

My new plan of action is to not worry so much about or push naps. I think Klaire has gotten freaked out a bit by the whole thing. They start by playing nicely in their beds giving me hope, then end up out, playing, then fighting and the whole process fails because I have to go in there and referee. I think this is carrying over into night time. I try not to get frustrated, but there is something maddening about a completely exhausted kid that won't sleep! I know you are all thinking after reading this that we should separate them...and I've thought about it, but I really think they'd do worse. They are so used to having each other there that I think it'd be major meltdowns...although I may be wrong, and have to try it at naptime somehow.

On a positive note, I feel I must end this sad sad post with an "up"...they slept from 10-6 last night (my how I wish I could have my 8-7 back. Someday right?) We'll get there. We have to!

5 comments:

Katie said...

I completely understand. It almost more exhausting trying to get them to nap than dealing with crabby kids. Nathan wants to sleep, but Adam keeps him up. Sometimes we all sleep on my bed...a very bad habit I think.1`

Unknown said...

Ugh... thinking of the fact that someday when we feel "out of the woods" we will likely have to return someday to the stressors of night sleep... ugh. Thinking of your twinsies and of you!!! Maybe Santa will bring sleep for Christmas?

Anne said...

Ohh, I'm sorry things are not going so well right now! It's so hard when we're spoiled by them sleeping well for soo long and then all of a sudden things change and the entire household is pooped!

I hope things get better soon!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if it was chance or fate, but I Googled Twin Mom Blog and yours came up today. I am in the same boat with bedtime and my 2 year old twin boys. I am about to loose my mind!!! I felt like I was reading my own story of the last couple of weeks... crazy! I think I feel better just knowing I'm not alone. My boys used to be awesome sleepers and nappers too! Your girls are darling. Good luck and I hope it gets better soon for both of our sakes :)

Anonymous said...

Well, I can't comment much on this as we are behind you in age, but I would agree that separating the girls would be worse..I believe...my boys at 15 months need the other one to be in the same room in order to nap or go to sleep. They know when one is not there and that's just not how they plan on doing things! I think that this is just a total "twin thing"...right?

Hope it gets better soon with the girls! Probably an adjustment time for them, too...but soon this milestone will be reached as well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...