Friday, April 9, 2010

thank you

Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. It really does help this crazy neurotic soul get through when I know I'm not alone and that I appear to be doing a good job:)

I should probably mention, Brian does help. Ha. I tend to write in first person no matter what, but no, I'm not the only one raising these little darlings. They are for sure mommies girls at the moment, and I have to admit I'm looking forward a time when they'd rather hang out with him then me...maybe then I can take a shower longer than 5 minutes?!  Brian gets frustrated at times like me, but he does not let the behavior get to him like I do, nor worry as much as I do.  He is a great support for me and always reassures me that we aren't screwing them up too bad:)  Also, sometimes when he gets involved it escalates the situation because they get much more hurt feelings when daddy's upset with them, then mommy.  I think this is typical?

Anyway, I was home with them yesterday and despite colds and feeling pretty yucky all around, we had a great day together. I think I need to let up on them a bit. Let the little things go, and be more of a stickler on the big ticket behaviors....like hitting, and blatant disobedience. They are only two, maybe they need some slack from me to learn their boundaries for themselves a bit.  I certainly can't follow them around in high school putting them in time out! Although, I'll probably still be changing their diapers...but that's a whole other story....

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...