I was an anxious kid. Are you surprised!? I think I was a happy kid too, but anything out of the norm sent me into a tailspin (things have not changed very much-ha). I hated slumber parties and even struggled to stay overnight with my Grandparents.
On Friday night the girls were scheduled to stay overnight at my parents house. They have stayed a few times at Wilson's, they have an established "nap room" there so it is not a big deal. This was new, they have never stayed anywhere but there and home (or with us in Des Moines), yes we need to get out more:) My parents set up their very own adorable room upstairs with the most gorgeous antique twin beds you've ever seen! Anyway, the plan was to pick them up from daycare and try it out that night. Brian and I planned to go to dinner and I fully expected a call to go get the hysterical duo. I didn't think there a shot in the dark for them to stay all night...
Well guess what, they had a blast, went out to eat, drove around and looked at Christmas lights, slept all night and IN until 8:30. What the heck! They don't sleep past 7:30, EVER for us. Success! My mom said Klaire got a little sad for about 5 minutes, but was snoring after 10. Grace played the "I have to go potty game" a few times, but eventually settled down and not a peep all night. This is if my mom is telling me the truth and in fact wasn't up 15 times that night....Mom...?
I'm so excited that they are ok to stay overnight, and that they have so far not inherited my worry gene. It's a wonderful break and both Grandparents seem to like to keep them. Have I ever mentioned WE ARE SO LUCKY?
...and a funny family picture (which is all we have these days) from Christmas Celebration No. 1 this weekend. Makes me laugh:)
Monday, December 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Nope, not kidding....I was not up with them once during the night! And Gracie only went potty once and that was cause she heard Papa Mark downstairs and wondered what he was doing! We had SO much fun. Yep, you guys need to get out more, and we will keep Klaire and Grace anytime!:)
Love, Gramma C.
Post a Comment