Here's the obligatory huge backpack and nervous smiling kiddos picture. It looks like they are going to Kindergarten!
Drop off went really well. The para's come out and get the kids so that there isn't all that hem-hawing and crying in the classroom (brilliant). Klaire went first and I had to prod her a bit. She wanted 2 kisses and 2 hugs, then bravely went with the teacher. Grace asked if I was going to come back like Mama Llama. So sweet. She went right one in with her para, and there were NO TEARS! I think Klaire came close but held it together:) At pickup they both looked a little shell shocked, like whoa what just happened? But overall happy and excited to tell me about their day (or 3 hours). Grace said she was the line leader and that her teacher is loud (Grace said she's loud!?) and Klaire mentioned there's a good snack, and sang a new song all evening. Graces teacher mentioned that she didn't talk much, but I know that will come with time. Klaire's said she was also pretty quiet, but did answer questions when asked. Hey, as long as they weren't hanging on my leg screaming and crying the whole time, I'm happy! Everything else will come, soon they'll be asking how to make Grace STOP talking.
Today they are at daycare in the morning, and I'm taking them on my lunch. We will hope for smooth sailing again!
Friday, August 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment