Tuesday, July 31, 2012

24 weeks and I may have spoken a little too soon...

At my appt. I mentioned before, which as I was doing it I thought I should not even be talking about this!...they measured my cervix.  Although still within the "safe range" it had shrunk down to 3.6 cm.  That's down from 5cm in one month:( Darn it.  I'm also having more contractions than I'd like, which may very well be those fake Braxton Hicks, but how does one decipher??  It's like my body hits 24 weeks pregnant and says, ok I'm done...so of course I'm not happy. Doc is not thrilled, but not talking bedrest until if and when it gets to 2cm. I'm bound and determined to keep it happy, which means staying hydrated which I already do and staying off my feet as much as possible. She did mention that it could be a fluke thing, it changes a lot and I had been very active the week before, so we will hope for the best. Great news is I'm measuring on time and baby's heartbeat was strong and easy to find!

That said I went to Ohio over the weekend.  Probably not the best idea, but I tried to take it easy and it was good to see friends and not have to worry about feeding anyone other than myself, and boy did I! I think I gained my "allotted" pounds for the month in that one weekend!

My virgin "painkiller" drink.  Brought back honeymoon memories as Brian and I drank these in the Virgin Islands!


I'm Fatty, she's Patty!


1 comments:

Kerrie @ Family Food and Travel said...

Hang in there! Hoping the next appointment brings good news.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...