Monday, May 16, 2011

the happy hat and the pink chair

Grace is a moody kid and I have no idea where she gets it from...

You wouldn't know it from that picture but she can go from happy go lucky to stark raving mad in 2.2 seconds. She does a weird little annoyed dance and can just get downright unruly. Even Klaire will make comments like "Grace is not being nice!"  and "Get her away from me!"

Anyway, we have tried many many methods from time out to ignoring to redirecting, and sometimes she's just a little nutty (aren't all three year olds?). This weekend on a whim I named some silly pink hat I found in their playroom -which got completely overhauled this weekend- the "happy hat."  Whenever she would start to get out of control I said Oops! You better go get your happy hat!  She would, and we made it a silly game. It actually worked to ward off a few fits, I think it was just a distraction..but hey I'll take it! Klaire got a happy hat too but she doesn't love things on her head:) 

This is a chair my dad got for free! Who doesn't need a pink chair!? It fits perfectly in their room. see...

 The girls ate sweet corn for the first time on the cob this weekend. Klaire was a pro!!!

With that happy hat and patch she looks like a robber of some kind!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Cute girls. I found your blog from another blog I follow. I am now following your blog too. You see, I am an identical twin myself. I will enjoy reading what you write about your twins, as well as what your thoughts are as the mother of twins. I hope you will follow me back http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com

Laura said...

The girls are too cute! They are just getting so big looking at them sitting together in that chair reading!
also, we signed up at the 168th and Q YMCA but we can go to any of them.

Amy said...

Hi, I'm a recent optometry graduate and very interested in your little girl's progress with the patch. Hope she continues to do well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...