Thursday, February 13, 2014

the girlies 6.5

I haven't updated on the girls in a million years!  They are 6.5 and that seems OLD to me. I guess they just keep getting bigger/wiser/older! We had their conferences and they are both doing very well overall.  Klaire is reading at a 2nd grade half way through the school year level.  She has a little harder time in math and her teacher says she has to work very hard and concentrate but can do it when she tries (sounds like her parents).  She's described as polite, kind and a sweet girl.  I love that because at home its not always that way, am I right!? Grace is also reading at a second grade level but has a little more trouble with comprehension.  Her teacher thinks it's more about not wanting to be wrong, so not even venturing to answer the question. This is spot on with her.  She really likes math, although it's not her strongest suit either.  We will get through it!  Both of their teachers had great things to say about them and I always leave feeling hopeful that we are doing something right!
This was an assignment they had to write about what they would do and look like when they are 100. SO funny!





Klaire has had a rough ROUGH week.  I always thought she may have dodged the "worry gene" as we call it in our fam, but no, she got it also.  Don't worry I don't let them hear that label:)  Anyway she's been worrying and absolutely made herself sick about a Jump Rope for Heart poster she read in gym class.
She started worrying on Thursday last week about the symptoms of a stroke and/or heart attack (especially not being able to talk), to worrying that she couldn't feel her heart beating so was it really beating?, and wondering if her blood pressure was ok!?

We do a lot of talking it though, encouraging her to tell me what's running through her head, reassuring that she and her family members are healthy and ok, but she can't quite shake this one. She was not sleeping well, was tearful, moody, and complained of her stomach hurting a lot. I spoke with her teacher about it at conferences and she said she's been fine and normal in class, but that she would investigate and try to talk to her, also suggested I talk to the school counselor.  She wasn't available to I e-mailed her the situation. She was very helpful and understanding. She actually had the gym teacher speak with Klaire and go over healthy eating/etc. That didn't really help and she was a wreck that night too. I can't really explain it to people who haven't experienced it, but it's basically an anxiety attack and and can't stop these thoughts of worry in her poor little head! I try to reassure her the best I can, but there's only so much I can say!  Anyway, the end of this week she's gotten a bit better. She's still weepy and a little quiet, but said she's "over it." We can only hope! The counselor did suggest to acknowledge the worry, address it, but then focus on positive things and keep her busy.  So that's the game plan! Darn this worry gene. 



Anyway, they are both still loving swim lessons and Klaire passed to the next level! She was very determined and I'm so proud she didn't let Grace not being in her class stop her progress.  If anything I think it helped motivate her!  Grace is a fish. Ha. Spring soccer is starting soon YAY for Spring!






0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...